16 April 2006

Sad State of UK Charts

I've always preferred the UK music scene. It was fresh. It was fun. It had (good) grit. It had variety. It had 'spice'. Lately, however, it has been on the down-turn with sad-ass mediocre r&b-lite shite (pussycat trolls) and wanker-rock 'music'. It's starting to look like the US chart - which has sucked for the last 25 years. (Don't get me started on the Canadian charts). Check out this weeks UK top 10. Sad, sad, sad. Everyone's digging that Gnarles Barkley song called Crazy: I don't get it! It's horrible. It's some mediocre, midtempo, 70s disco-funk shite.

What the hell is going on?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Davidson said...

I'm with you on the Gnarls song, I suspect belief in the hype has something to do with its success. Either that, or they've worked out a way to get subliminal messages on chips.

8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home