07 April 2006

Man(diva)disa ain't pro 'mo!

Mandisa from American Idol recently made some 'anti-gay' satements and has been back- pedalling as fast as her huge legs will allow. Here is an excerpt from her interview with Advocate magazine:

Mandisa: I know my value system, based on that, that on the word [of the Bible], that it does speak of that. I do know I have no place to judge anybody. I know that at the end of time we all face the judge and his name is not going to be Mandisa, so I cannot place any judgement on anyone.
The Advocate: Would you be comfortable performing or singing at a gay event?
Mandisa: I would not, no.
The Advocate: Would it conflict with your religious beliefs?
Mandisa: Based on what I believe, I'm not an advocate for [being gay], so it's nothing I would take part in.

A) She really needs to understand who her audience is
B) How well would it go over if someone said they don't feel comfortable peforming infront of certain ethnic or racial groups? Not too well I would imagine.
C) She doesn't like gay people? Good luck in the entertainment industry, honey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home